We are in conversation with the council and our suppliers and contractors. The decision, unfortunately, can’t be made yet but we are cautiously moving forward with plans.
The date of June 21 when all restrictions should be lifted may or not be hit and even if it is there may be still restrictions and special measures we need to consider that make Pride this year impossible.
We will only deliver an event if we can keep you all safe and share the kind of event where we can mix and mingle freely.
We must also make sure that financially we don’t make any commitments at this stage just in case the dates move and we end up facing cancellation.
At the moment event insurance is impossible to buy because things are so unsure and we can’t afford to risk the future of Doncaster Pride by bad decisions about money that could ruin us forever not just this year.
So a difficult few months till we can say for sure one way or another.